Thursday, May 2, 2013

Living for Today, Making Memories for Tomorrow

These kids sure do grow fast.  How does time past so quickly?  I wish I could just push a pause button and keep the girls just as they are now. 

I'm a planner.  This doesn't work well with trying to savior every moment of the girls' youth.  I'm constantly planning ahead, be it a playdate for tomorrrow, a party next week, a vacation a month from now... I'm always trying to get ahead of myself- what's next??  I might be sitting in the yard with the girls, but my mind is thinking about something else we will be doing.  This isn't always the case, but as spring has approached and our schedule is filling up, I can't seem to help myself. 

The other day the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  I told myself to focus.  Worry about what's next later.  It doesn't matter what we are doing tomorrow.  Enjoy what is going on, right now!  Before I know it, today will be gone.  Did I make the most of it?  That's my new resolution, if you will.  It's not easy to stop your mind from going somewhere it naturally wants to go.  And I'm not saying it won't happen, because sometimes planning just needs to happen.  But when I'm with the girls, I want them to be my focus.  I don't want to miss a single moment, a memory I won't ever get back. 































1 comment:

  1. You killing me with all that green grass! Your girls are so beautiful! (P.s. I got your comment about you buying your house more for the property than the house itself. And I love that! And from what I can see in pictures it looks like its beautiful!). Anyway, I struggle with keeping in the moment as well. But I seem to wander to my phone or camera. Its horrible.

    ReplyDelete