Friday, May 3, 2013

16.5 weeks

All of a sudden I'm looking pregnant.  We haven't told everyone yet, but I'm thinking that they can tell...or they just think I'm gaining weight, haha. 

This may be my easiest pregnancy so far.  I had two weeks of nausea, but have felt pretty good since.  The tiredness has subsided somewhat, though by 8:30pm, I'm in bed with tv off! (This is better than the 7pm a few weeks ago!) 


We find out the sex at the end of the month.  I'm excited, but not feeling as desperate to know as I did with the girls.  I think it's because I feel like October is a LONG way away.  And that's ok.  I'm not ready!  I need Molly to stop being a crazy, can't follow directions toddler before this baby comes! 

There are a lot of transitions to come to make room for baby.  We planned on Jane and Molly sharing a bedroom from the moment we found out Molly was a girl.  We bought bunk beds for them.  Currently, we only have a single twin set up.  Next month we plan to set up the bunk bed and move Jane up to the top.  Once she's settled and feeling ok about it, we will move Molly in.  This I am NOT looking forward to.  I don't think she'll stay in the bed to go to sleep.  I guess this is probably the fear of most parents...??  Jane was such an easy transition.  She never liked her crib to begin with.  When we moved her into the twin, she never got out.  Ever.  It wasn't until just a few months ago that she started getting out of bed without calling us first.  Anyhow, Molly's move is something I'm not exactly looking forward to. 

I'm really excited to have this baby.  I have mixed feelings about this being our last.  As the girls are getting older, I'm feeling like it's good we hare having this baby now so we can move out of the baby stage and onto bigger things.  At the same time, I can't imagine not ever having another little baby to have around! 

But this baby is going to be special.  I can see how the last baby can become very attached to mommy...because mommy doesn't want him to grow up!!  All the "firsts" will be our lasts.  That's depressing!  Yes, this baby is going to be a mama's boy/girl for sure!

1 comment:

  1. You look really great! I agree with everything you said about the last baby. It will be nice to move past the baby stage... but also sort of sad. Take notes for me when you move your girls in with each other. I also want my girls to share a room.... but have no idea how to go about doing it! I'm glad your feeling better and energy is returning!

    ReplyDelete