Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dreams



Before I had children I fantasized about what my life would be like as a mother.  In many ways, reality has far exceeded any dream.  Having babies and watching how they change and explore the world around them is simply the most amazing thing.  I swear, if I stare at them long enough I can actually see them growing!  Sometimes I wonder how I got to this point in my life so fast.  But mostly, I'm in awe that this life I've always wanted is happening- right now!

While I was away over the weekend I was thinking about life.  Admittedly, there are some parts that I'm afraid I might look back at and be disappointed. Before I children, I had these dreams for my life as a mother.  Most of them include being outdoors, a lot.  And barefoot in the country.  This part we do well!  But I wanted to be intentional with all that I do.  And I'm not.  I feel like sometimes I'm just dragged down by either tiredness, too many things to do, or just not enough money to accomplish what I want. 

I wanted to make homemade meals, not boxed mac and cheese.  I wanted to live with music as our soundtrack to life, not tv.  I wanted to spend spare time in my garden, not on this dang computer admiring how others are living.  I wanted to live simply and not fill my house with toys from box stores. 

But it's not too late to change, right?  I know that change doesn't happen over night.  And somethings I probably won't be able to change too much.  But if I keep letting this life pass me by I'm afraid I'll have regrets.  And so, here's to being more intentional with the girls, to not letting tiredness drag down what I want to do, and make the things I want in this life happen.

Here's to more of this kind of life.



















3 comments:

  1. thank you for stopping by my space and your sweet comment. your little ones are so sweet, two little beauties! and they look like they really get along with each other quite well...many greetings from far Germany, noni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, you said it all.
    Your amazing to have this kind of positive energy while pregnant!
    The pictures are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree!

    P.S. - Your girls have the most beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete