Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What we've been up to

Life has been wonderfully full lately, everyday a new adventure.  Having children makes everyday seem so important.  Even the mundane seems beautiful.

Here's what's been keeping us so busy this week-

  •  Jane helped daddy freshen up the garden around the mailbox with some new cobblestones
  • In preparation for Jane's move to the top bunk,we rearranged the furniture in her room so that her bed is now in the position where the bunk with eventually go.  Step one of the transition has been successful!
  • Planting!  Lots of planting going on.  Last summer when we stayed at the yurt, I fell in love with the string bean teepee that was in the garden.  After doing a little pinterest research, I thought that this was something easy for us to try!  Last week be put up the steaks and this week we planted the seeds.  We also planted some pea seeds that will hopefully climb.  And after deciding to dedicate this little corner garden as the girls, we planted some sunflower seeds as well.  Here's to hoping the seeds actually come up!  I've never planted seeds...I usually go right for the plants.  I thought we'd try something new this year!  We also got flowers for the front beds and Jane helped me put some flower pots together last night!










  • The park!  We've been park hopping since the beginning of spring, typically we're at one of them three days out of the week.  The girls love it and I usually have to drag them to the car (it's a pitiful sight!).   If we aren't at the park we are playing outside at home.  We are lucky that one of our neighbors has a three year old....and we can't keep these kids apart!
  • A Mother's Day Tea at school and making presents for the grandmother's.  Oh pinterest, what would I do without you!  Supposedly I just have to bake these mugs now...





(Someone asked me at Jane's school if I keep Jane's hair that short...I had to laugh.  I told her, no, it's just that slow.  She was shocked!  Yes, slowest growing hair EVER!)



  • Our renovation is still underway.  This week a new window was installed and recessed lights are being put in today.  



  • Baby shower planning and prep is in full swing for my sister.  Our first nephew after a long line of girls is due in July!   
  • I'm working tomorrow.  I have to fulfill my one day a year commitment to keep my substitute teach postion.  And it's gym.  And only a half day position so I'll be home by 1pm.  Not so bad, I'm actually looking forward to it.  
 On a different note,regarding yesterday's post.  It rained yesterday afternoon as I was prepping dinner for the first time in a long time.  I've been relying on my crockpot most days- or eating leftovers- or just whipping up something last second.  Anyway, it was so nice.  Then it rained this morning and I was able to do some of the chores I needed to do.  Maybe chores can just wait for rainy days...maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment