Monday, April 29, 2013

This Past Weekend

The weekends are so much fun now that spring is here.  There's always something fun going on.  This past weekend was A-Day.  I think I particularly love this event because I've been going to it every year since I was little and have looked forward to bringing my own children since, like forever!  A-Day stands for Agricultural Day.  A local agricultural college puts this big festival on every April.  It's full of animals and other farm things like tractors.  We told the girls Friday night we were going to see the animals and they were soooo excited, jumping up and down. I think Molly screaming "COW!  SHEEP!  RABBIT!" every three seconds (this is still Friday night at home) was hilarious.   When we got there and I realized I had forgotten my camera.  Thank goodness for these phone cameras.  What did we ever do without them!


It's not everyday you see baby pigs and dachshunds racing.


 Hayride to the horse, cow, pig, and sheep barns. (ugh, what a bad photo!)


 Pony Ride!


Molly had her first ride too!




This was seriously the cutest!  Who doesn't love an oil can ride?


 Molly found her rabbit.


And there were cows a-plenty!

Molly also tried her first funnel cake, we watched bees making honey, the girls bounced away on moon bounces, and we got up close and personal to every farm animal imaginable.


But that wasn't the end of our fun.  Jane had a birthday party for a friend at school and the kids made their own stuffed animal.  Such a cute idea!  The girls played in some super tall grass in the farmer's field at the end of our street.  I've never heard so many giggles!  We had a small birthday party for my mom.

AND

 Just like that, overnight, like a blink of an eye, Molly started calling us "mommy" and "daddy".  No more mama and dada.  It's like she grew up, in one weekend.  So crazy.  And soooo sad! 

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm really not meaning to comment on every post... but I just had to say, last weekend sailyr stopped calling me mama and started calling me mommy. And my heart was broken, so I started correcting her.... :). And she is back to calling me mama again :). My heart was not ready to be mommy yet.
    Also, a-days looks so fun! The pony rides!!!! I bet your girls loved it!

    ReplyDelete