Thursday, April 4, 2013

Renovation

I can't believe it's been almost five years since we've moved here.  We have had so many dreams for this house.  Many of which we have made come true.  Others are a work in progress, while others yet are on our ten year plan! 

We bought our house knowing it was quite out of date and needed a lot of updating.  Our updates are frugal.  We have a tight budget.  Since we've moved here we generally have tried to completely redo one room a year.  And so, we are about to undergo a complete renovation of our laundry room/ mudroom and powder room. 

I love when I get the chance to redo a room!  I've been having fun picking out everything from the flooring to the paint, to the curtains and the shelving.  Pottery Barn is usually one of my inspirations.  And while Pottery Barn is generally out of my budget, finding look a likes is a fun challenge.  Since Pinterest, it's so easy to collect ideas.

I know that when my husband starts this project this weekend, I'm going to be on my own a lot more with the kids until he finishes, but in the long run, it will be worth it!

Goodbye ugly wallpaper.  Goodbye no storage.  (Excuse the mess- we've been just letting it go knowing this renovation was coming)


Goodbye gross utility sink.  Goodbye weird textured wall and leaky toilet. 

Sadly enough, you won't be missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment