Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday's Weekly Update


Jane
-Because of snow and ice, there's been no school so far this week.
This is turning out to be the longest winter ever!
 
-We ordered some Disney Princess easy read books from one of those Scholastic Book orders.
Well, it took her only a few days to basically memorize the books.
I'd like to say she was reading them, but she says the words faster than I can point to them,
so I know it's all just memory.
 
-Today I took a video of Jane singing and acting out Do You Want to Build a Snowman from Frozen.
I literally watched it like 4 times in a row because it was so amazing.
She is such an actress.
I never saw the movie, but she has such emotion when singing that I can feel how sad Anna is when she can't be with Elsa.
I mean so good it made me want to cry!
 


Molly

-Some of the things she says are just so funny.
Like the other day when she asked Owen if he wanted to eat the booby.
And how she asks to have ice creamy for dessert.
And when she forgets what a Polly Pocket is called, she calls them lollipops.
Girly, you sure make me laugh!

-Last night she did not sleep well at all.
I am still worried about that incident over Christmas, (though she has not had anything else happen to her since) but because she had a cold I prayed she just had an ear infection.
I took her to the doctor today, and sure enough she did.
Who would have thought I'd ever be happy my kids had an ear infection?

-The girl is seriously going crazy being housebound for so long!
She's been insane!
I can hardly blame her, I am too.
 By afternoon she is bouncing off the walls!

-So to remedy, I try sending them out in the snow to play for a bit.
Which always ends in her cry cry crying!
I know the problem is mostly that she's hungry.
She never wants to eat, at least not the healthy stuff.
And as a result, it makes her miserable.
And I bring her back inside, wipe her tears and feed her.
The not eating is probably the most frustrating thing about her right now.



 
Owen
 
-So the cutest thing by far is when he is nursing and stops, looks up at me, and gives me the biggest smile.
I just die every time.
 
-Last week at church I was in the Parent's Room, where I now spend every Sunday with Owen, when I saw a mom give her little boy who looked around the same age, a toy.
He held on to it and put it in his mouth.
I don't know why I hadn't tried giving him any toys yet.
As soon as we got home, I gave him one.
And sure enough he took it.
 
-I'll tell you what, I'm just not with it this time around.
Slacking with the toys, slacking with the singing, slacking with the reading.
I know part of it is that I'm not sitting and rocking him in his room the way I did with the girls.
But the boy doesn't even use his crib so I never go in there other than to get clothes out.
Anyway, I make sure to sing to him while we do bath time. 
And in the car when he's screaming his head off (doesn't really work though). 
 
-The girls never enjoyed me reading to them at this age.
They never looked at the books, never seemed to have an interest.
So I really hadn't tried reading to Owen- poor kid. 
Seriously, I sound like the worst mom ever!
Every once in a while I put Jane to bed instead of Brian.
And usually when I do, I have Owen with me.
Jane lays on Molly's bed, and I put Owen next to her.
I hold the book so that they can see.
And he smiles and really likes it!
I'm now trying to make more of an effort to read to him.
 
-He's learned how to get my attention.
A little fussing and mommy picks him right up.
I may be slacking on some departments, but not on the love.
And boy is he loved.
 

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are looking beautiful as well! I love that Jane is an actress, how fun! I hope she continues with it, that would be such a great talent to have. Poor Molly, :) Sailyr is an awful eater right now as well. So I feel your pain. I find it really annoying to make dinner and she wont even touch it but then she wants to snack on junk food all day long. I'm trying to put an end to it, but its hard. I hope her little ear infection does not drag on too long. And YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM. You have 3 little kids... remember. :) You are doing wonderfully! the thought of 3 kids gives me anxiety, so the fact that you are surviving is amazing to me. Owen is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete