Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday's Weekly Update

I've been lacking serious motivation lately.
And it's really awful.
I've only been taking pictures on Wednesday's for the sole purpose of this update.
Thank goodness for that.
But there really just hasn't been anything that strikes my fancy.
And everyday basically feels the same.
Isn't that terrible?
I'd say we should try and do some day trips, try and get some new scenery and maybe a little excitement, but Owen is so so soooooo bad in the car.
 
I wake up between 5 and 6,
take off old sweats,
just to put on slightly nicer ones.
Because all my old clothes still hug the fat around my middle.
I eat my oatmeal breakfast, in hopes that it really does increase milk supply,
get the rest of the gang dressed and fed,
play dolls while bouncing a baby on my lap,
go to school or if we are lucky have a playdate,
play more dolls,
fight Molly for a nap,
emotionally drained after said fight and let Jane play with the iPad longer than I should,
try and compensate for the lost time with a project that takes me longer to set up than it does entertain her,
Molly wakes up,
play more dolls,
 waste some time before dinner in the bath,
make three separate dinners while juggling a fussy and tired baby,
and by make I mean reheat Rice-a-Roni,
play more dolls,
finally head to bed before 7 with Owen.

Motherhood at its finest.

Hoping some life jumps back into me soooooon!
 

 
 Jane

-Today has just not been her day.
Yesterday wasn't either.

-She makes me giggle when she calls the UPS man the CVS man :)

-We ran to Walmart to get some teethers for Owen.
While we were getting a cart,
Jane says, "Mommy, there's an elf.  A real elf!"
Oh boy.
A dwarf was restocking the soda refrigerator.
In a panic, I hurried them on our way, hoping the gentleman didn't hear her.
Though I'm pretty sure he did.
I told her some people are born that way and we don't call them elves.
Ugh.
I should try and teach them more about diversity!

-Saturday my mom took Jane to see a Fancy Nancy show.
After the show, there was a meet and greet.
Jane's usually pretty shy in situations like that, so my mom was ready to leave.
Jane got teary eyed, and my mom asked if she wanted to go see the cast.
She did, and ended up having them all sign her program!

-The girls have been playing more in their bedroom lately.
I don't keep toys in their rooms.
They do have a bookshelf full of books though.
When they go up, they usually play sleepover.
No big deal.
Well, Jane started yelling, "Mommy, you gotta come see this!  It's a pig sty!"
Even though there were books, yes every last book, thrown about the room, it was pretty funny hearing Jane say that!

-She seriously loves one on one play time.




Molly

-Everything is Big Bad Wolf this and Big Bad Wolf that right now.
And she loves when we act out the Three Little Pigs.

-So they like to play in their bedroom...
Usually they are pretty good up there.
Books may be everywhere, but that's the extent of it.
Except yesterday.
I was feeding Owen downstairs when I hear Jane calling me.
I went up to find Selson Blue all over Molly's bed, on her, on the carpet, on the books.
I probably should not have freaked out as bad as I did, after all, it's just soap.
But I think just seeing all the blue everywhere I went crazy.
I mean, her bed was covered!
I told them they weren't allowed to play upstairs anymore.
And Jane was just crying and crying.
I've told Molly many, many, manymanymany, times
that the things in the bathroom were not to play with.
I'll have to figure something out, or just supervise better,
because I can't keep them out of their room forever.

-After this happened, we went to our neighbors house to play.
When it was time to go home, Molly would not walk.
I practically had to drag her home.
I even tried carrying both her and Owen home part of the way.
I tried being nice, I tried bribes, I tried to make it a game, and then I tried threats.
This girl....going to be the death of me yet!

-After all this went down,
I was thinking how I am just losing my patience too easily.
I don't like the approach I've come to with disciplining her.
I know I'm just responding or saying things too quick out of frustration.
I've sworn to myself to breath first and take it easy!
But man, two year olds are HARD!



Owen

-Look at those eyes!
The doctor thought his eyes were possibly going to be like Janes.
Lucky boy!

-He's a lot like Jane was as a baby.
She always wanted to be held, and you had to be moving.
Owen is just the same these days.

-He loves to stand.
If you are holding him while sitting, he prefers to stand on your lap.
And he's pretty good at it!

-If he's being held, he's a happy boy.
It doesn't matter who has him, it could be the mailman for all he cares!

-He thinks Jane is pretty funny.
He doesn't have full out giggles yet, but he'll kinda laugh at about anything Jane does.

-His smile will light up a room!
 

 


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. ha! your day sounds oddly familiar. and I agree, fighting kids to take naps is all kinds of exhausting. and truthfully, I am dreading Finley turning 2. that year was ridiculous with sailyr. (its amazing people have more than one child, isn't it? :). little Owen is such a cutie! I agree, i think his eyes will look like Jane's! carry on, lil mama. carry on.

    ReplyDelete