Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday's Weekly Update


Jane
-The girl has no sense of urgency.
We could be going to the most awesome place on earth and it would still take her all day to get ready if she wasn't coaxed along every second.
-We started a food chart with her.
Starting the beginning of February, we said she had to try one new food each week.
We give her two choices.
We're starting easy.
So far she's tried the brown breakfast bars (she usually eats the strawberry but the box from Costco came with strawberry and brown sugar this time), garlic butter bread stick, and cookie butter from Trader Joes (I told you we are starting out easy!)
We made a chart and added the food she tries to it. 
If she likes it she puts a happy sticker next to it.
So far, all likes!
-We've been making tic tac toe Valentine's for her classmates.
She's been doing a great job writing her name tiny on them!
It's a pretty big task.
For each one, there is a place to write her name twice.
And there's 18 Valentines.
And remember the lack of urgency?
Thank goodness there will most likely be no school on Friday because of the snow,
we're going to need the weekend to finish!
 



Molly
-Today was her Valentine's Day party at school.
She was so excited to see Owen and I show up halfway through her morning.
I like to see her in her own environment.
Though I didn't like to see how she didn't share!
I wish I would have left Owen home with my mother in law.
He was more needy than I thought he would be, and I wasn't able to help Molly do her craft, or sit next to her at snack.
I will remember that for the future!
-She's been quite a handful lately, saying No and just doing things that she shouldn't.
I'm trying hard to not lose my cool.
I just want to love her and encourage her in a positive manner, but when she is throwing all the clothes out of my dresser as I'm telling her to stop, it is very hard to refrain from raising my voice.
-I'm not the only one finding it difficult.
If Brian is home and I'm telling Molly to stop doing something she shouldn't, she'll say, "Daddy freak out at me?"  hahaha.
Yes child, so please STOP!
-Molly got her first real haircut last Friday.
I took her to Sweet and Sassy.
She was so brave, and wasn't even a bit scared!
-She loves Max and Ruby.
There is an episode about Super Bunny that we watched recently.
Well the next thing I hear is her calling Owen "Super Buddy".
She may test every bit of patience, but she can be awfully cute!
 
 

 
 Owen
-So it is true, dressing boys is not as much fun as girls.
However, I have found I love little baby leggings!
I love dressing Owen in them, they're so soft and comfortable.
But they range in price from $13 and upwards to $30+!
For thin little fabric pants!
Are they crazy??
I soooo wish I could sew!
-He's just a poop machine still!
-We're borrowing my nephew's Jungle Mat.
We used to have one but it somehow got moldy in our crawl space.
I like that he has somewhere new to play!
He can reach up and grab the dangling toys!
-Toys and fingers all in the mouth.
-His sisters love him soooo much.
He gets so many kisses and hugs throughout the day.
It's hard to imagine that in just a short time they will have someone else to argue and bicker with (I hope not!!!)

 


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Super cute and funny! I love that Molly says "freak out!". Hilarious! And wouldn't it be nice to be as carefree as Jane? She might be on to something.... I think I am complete opposite, I have a hard time even relaxing and watching t.v. Maybe I need to learn a little something from her. Good idea with the food chart, by the way! Owen is super cute, of course! I bet you could make some... I have never tried but the tutorials online look crazy easy. Anyone close to you own a sewing machine?? :) I know, easier said than done! But yes, those prices are insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also p.s. - we've done it again! Jane's tights! Target, 5$! :) I could not pass them by. ;)

      Delete