Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday's Weekly Update

Jane
 

-We had Jane's conference at school last Thursday.
Her teacher didn't tell me anything I already didn't know.
The biggest thing was just giving her another year to mature and grow before going to kindergarten.
When we go to birthday parties for her friends, I see such a difference between Jane and the girls who turned 5 in the fall.
It's really crazy.
And it's not just size, it's definitely maturity, too.
 
-So with that, she's officially enrolled at Penn View Christian for their developmental kindergarten.
This is a class specifically for those children who either just missed the school district's kindergarten age cutoff, or who are 5 but won't be going to kindergarten.
We're currently trying to work on some financial aid and hoping that will make this a little easier.
Yikes, school is soooo expensive!
Her class next year is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday- all day!
I'm not so sure how I like that!
But their program is excellent and they really offer so much.
 
-The girl's school had the children's artwork displayed at the library this past month,
so last night they held an "exhibit" there with snacks so parents could come and check it all out.
Boy, both girls had such a ball seeing their teachers outside the classroom.
 
 
Molly
 

 
-When Molly hurts herself, like trips and stubs her toe or something, she says she hurt her feelings.
I think they must be talking about hurting feelings at school.
I also think she's a little confused!
 
-She loves nicknames.
For a long time she used to call Jane "Poo" because Brian and I sometimes call her Janie Poo Poo.
She's stopped saying that, I think because she can now say Jane easily.
But my sister and brother in law often call their son Jacko.
Well Molly picked right up on that and always calls him that.
Brian isn't a fan of this nickname and constantly is correcting Molly, telling her, no, it's Jack.
Two minutes later she's saying Jacko.
I'm trying to stay consistent with Brian,
but sometimes I have to turn around and just laugh.
He might be fighting a useless battle.
Anyhow, she calls Owen, Buddy Boy all time.
I guess I say it sometimes, really without even realizing it.
But of course Molly picked it right up!
 
-Sticker obsessed.
We go through sticker phases around here.
And we are currently in one again.
I don't even know where she finds them sometimes!
But everywhere I look- stickers!
Stickers on herself, stickers on Owen, stickers on toys, stickers on furniture, stickers on windows, stickers stuck to the bottom of my socks, stickers stuck to my butt (super nice when I'm out in public).
 
 
Owen
 

-Well, we brought out the exersaucer this weekend. 
We put him in and stuff blankets around him.
I can't even believe he's big enough for this thing already!
 
-The crying in the car is KILLING me!
After I drop the girls off at school, I want to do errands.
But he's crying so bad that all I can, and want, to do is go home.
 
-He's finally hit the point where he is not sleeping all the time, and is woken up much more easily by noises.
It's been challenging this past week.
When he's awake, it's fine.
It's just when he starts getting tired, he becomes cranky.
And because he won't sleep in his crib,
he's just sleeping in the swing downstairs.
Before this past week, the girls could run around and be crazy and he'd sleep right through it.
But now, I'm shhhing them every time he takes a nap.
Yesterday I was trying to clean up before our playdate and Owen had finally just fallen asleep so I made the girls watch tv so they'd be quiet!
I hate myself for doing that!!
I know I need to do something.
 I'm seriously considering just ditching his crib and getting a bed in his room with the toddler rails so he can't roll out.
I might be jumping the gun, and I'm going to give it a good try this weekend with the crib.
If our bed wasn't so high I'd just let him nap in there.
But when he gets bigger and starts crawling I'm afraid he'll really hurt himself.
So if we just get a bed in his room, I can lay with him until he sleeps and then hopefully sneak out.
 
-He's seriously cute, and I'm so crazy for him!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you find some help with financial aid for Jane's school. sounds like It will be great for her. molly is so cute! love that she calls Owen buddy boy! super cute. and of course, Owen is just as cute as always! what cute kids you have. love reading about what they are up to!

    ReplyDelete