Thursday, January 16, 2014

Owen is 3 Months!

I am in such disbelief that we've reached the 3 month mark.
Soon he's going to be crawling, and walking, and going off to college!
The newborn I had is long gone.
Little bits of chub are now forming on his once scrawny little legs.
His little peanut head has filled out, and when he smiles- ohhh those cheeks!
 
He has been the perfect addition to this family.
The girls adore him.
Though the adjustment was a little tough for Molly, there's no jealousy there.
It's pure love and affection, which has made having a baby with two already wild and crazy kids, easier than I imagined.
 
Sometimes it was hard to imagine feeling as much love for another child when I already had so much love for the girls.
But it's amazing how once I held this little one in my arms the insane amount of love I felt towards him, and what's even crazier is that it just grows by the day, hour, minute!
 
I'm telling you, he's a spoiled one and I don't care!
Youngest sibling stereotype is actually so accurate!
He's still sleeping next to me in bed.
I gave it two attempts in his crib.
He'd sleep for a couple minutes and then wake right up, fidgeting rolling around, looking for me (I swear he was!).
He takes naps in is swing really well, or his carseat while we are out.
I'm able to just bring the infant carrier in with him, and he'll keep sleeping.
I don't know what I'm going to do once he outgrows the swing!
At night, I generally get up once to feed him and change his diaper.
(He's still pooping all the time like a newborn.)
But he wakes up a few other times in the night, looking for my breast.
And I say to myself, no, we are in a bad habit, quit it.
But then I give in.
He suckles for a few minutes and goes right back to sleep.
 
I remember what I wanted to add yesterday.
He's found his fingers.
He's always chewing on them.
I hope this doesn't mean he's teething already!
Maybe he just likes something in his mouth.
He hates the pacifier now.
I'm bummed about that.
It's such an easy way for them to soothe, plus then he probably wouldn't need me all night!
 
I was pretty bad at remembering tummy time, but I've been a lot better recently.
And he's getting pretty good at holding his head up while he rests on his arms!
He's also starting to scootch his butt up in the air.
He's been rolling onto his side from his back since he was born, but it looks like he's getting pretty close to rolling onto his stomach.
 
Being in the car with him is pretty miserable unless he's asleep.
He's usually crying, sometimes hysterically.
We are 3 for3 in that department.
Jane sits next to him and is really good at trying to calm him down.
And he really enjoys her company.
 
He's really a pretty content baby.
He'll sit in is little pink (haha, what a sin!) chair, or lie on the couch while I attend to his bickering sisters.
When evening arrives, he gets a little fussy and needs more attention.
And by 7pm, I'm usually the only one he wants, as he's ready for bed.
 
Little O, you have no idea how much you are loved around here!
Happy 3 months!!

I had to come back on and add that he JUST had his first tickle giggles!!!
 






 


1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed! he is too dang cute! Great pictures, by the way! Your pictures lately have been great! Did you get a new camera? Are you just trying some new things? Either way, they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete