Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Little Christmas Quiz

Found HERE

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?  egg nog.  reminds me of being a child and my dad.  we were the only two who liked it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  not wrap presents?  that just seems wrong.  of course Santa wraps.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white lights on the tree.  I used to like white lights outside too but since Jane who loves lights, we are colored all the way! (anyone see the Christmas episode of Up All Night?)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? we did as a kid.  but no one ever kissed....
5. When do you put your decorations up?  the first weekend in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? we never have the same thing.  well, I guess I should say Bubble Bread, or Monkey Bread.  It's not a dinner dish but we have this for breakfast almost every year and it is so yummy.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? oh my, so many!  my sister and I waking up at 5am at my dads house Christmas morning and waking him and my stepmom up to open presents.  the next Christmas they told us not to come out of our room until the clock said 7, haha. 
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  second grade in the girls bathroom!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? my husband and I exchange gifts Christmas eve
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? my mom gave us ornaments as kids every year.  so now I have tons.  we use them.  they are just a random mix.  mostly glass, kinda vintage style.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? mostly love it, especially in the beginning.  but if it means Brian has to make up soooo many school days at the end of the school year and it's going to start messing with our plans then I start to not like it so much!
12. Can you ice skate? sorta.  no tricks.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? no, not really.  nothing really stands out.  maybe my American Doll that I got in third grade.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? making it special for my girls.  I want Jane and Molly to look back at Christmas as children and have warm and fuzzy memories.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? well dessert is my favorite part of the meal!  but we never have anything the same.  whoopie pies stick out in my mind though!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? well we are just starting our family traditions.  Brian and I have hosted Christmas dinner for the past 5 years and that is pretty special.  and then after dinner everyone opens gifts.  my mom's cousins come for dessert and then we play games.  it's a lot of fun and a pretty good tradition we've started!
17. What tops your tree? this is the first year we actually have something!  it's a start.  we've search everywhere and they are all sooo tacky!  finally this year Brian bought a star that lights up.  (which again reminds me of that episode of the crazy things we do so our kids eyes light up on Up All Night!)
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving.  Especially to the girls!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? yuck
20. Favorite Christmas show?  A Christmas Story
21. Saddest Christmas song? I don't know what it is called but it's that song where the guy runs into his old gf and they go to the car and enjoy some type of alcoholic beverage and catch up.  I guess he wonders what his life would have been like with her.  i forget exactly what happens but I do remember actually crying when I listened to the words before.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  anything by the Trans Siberian Orchestra

1 comment: