Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Keeping it Local

We live in the perfect town for shopping locally.  We have the "townie" type mom and pop shops and then on the outskirts of town we have the farms.  In the summer there is no shortage of fresh, right from the field, produce!  Here are my favorite reasons to shop locally.

1.  You can't get any fresher!  Fruits, veggies, milk, eggs, meat, bread, coffee.   Who needs a big old grocery store!  All grown, baked, and raised right here.  I love that I get Jane's fresh organic milk down the street and that it came from a farm only minutes away!  Our eggs were gathered this week, and our produce (seasonal) picked the same day! 


2.  I'm supporting our town.  This was something I tried to commit to when we moved here.  It's not always easy because it's not always the cheaper way to go.  But I'm trying to do our share in supporting our local economy.

3.  The people!  We get to know the shop owners and farmers who are our neighbors.

4.  One of my favorite reasons- hardly any drive!  I HATE driving far to shop.  It is awful with two little kids.  Our nearest mall is a half our away with lots of traffic.  Like I mentioned before, we don't have any fancy stores, but we do have a small children's consignment shop that I get many of Jane's clothes from.  Check this out, I got it all for under fifty dollars last week!

5.  The products are awesome and unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment