Friday, November 8, 2013

Life as 5

Things have settled down and we've quickly picked up a new routine around here.  It's certainly busier.  And at the same time- not. 

I say not for two reasons.  One being that mostly, other than school, ballet, and more doctor appointments than anyone would care for (well visit, sick visit, weekly weight checks), we aren't running all around.  We've gotten pretty content with staying home.  Most days are pretty good.  Sooommme days are dreadfully slow and boring.  The other thing is that with nuring an infant, it's just that- a lot of sitting around and nursing.  I'm not a big producer so it's been very time consuming.  And with that, there's the flip side and being busy.  If I'm not nursing, I'm trying to make sure everyone's' needs are met, both physically and emotionally.  If I can manage to have everyone content for two seconds then I'm either cooking or cleaning up one of Molly's ten thousand messes.  As crazy as it feels at times, I've never been more in love with being a mom.

It's been amazing to watch how everyone's relationship has changed, grown, and blossomed.  Molly's had the biggest challenge.  Being a complete mommy's girl, it was hard for her to let someone else meet those needs for her that I was always able to do.  Brian's been amazing at trying to pick up where I can't.  With that, Molly and Brian's relationship has really grown.  Her favorite thing is when he takes her to the high school football games, just the two of them.  She talks about it all the time, and  know it's really special for her.  I hope that in the future she will be able to remember it.  Brian obviously isn't home during the day though, and that's where Jane and Molly's relationship has changed.  Where it was once more bickering than anything, now they've become more like friends.  Not being available to them all the time as made them become more dependent on each other.  Everyone's relationship with Owen is blossoming daily.  The girls adore him, constantly asking either where he is, what he's doing, if they can home him.  And I can tell he likes them too!  It's amazing really, I swear it's like he already knew them before he was born.  Their shrieks don't faze him at all.  I guess he got quite used to it in utero!  And he just watches them, wide eyed, as they run around him.

Overall, it's been pretty sweet around here.  Lots of kisses, lots of hugs.  Lots of learning new roles in this family of now 5.
















1 comment:

  1. Everything about this post is so sweet, I love hearing how your all doing, especially love hearing that Jane and Molly are leaning on each other, and getting along so well. That's what sisters are for right? so sweet. And you, my dear, are beautiful! Seriously, your glowing! You look so happy! I'm so happy for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete