Monday, October 28, 2013

Owen Elijah





Meet our little Owen.
It's hard to believe this little babe is almost two weeks old.
The past 12 days have been nothing short of amazing.
I can't express in words the amount of love I have for him.
Of course I knew I would love him, but it's truly amazing how much love a mother has.
 
He was born weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces.
At his doctor appointment today he weighed in still under birth weight at 7.5.
He's an eating machine, though.
And the best nurser I've had yet.
Is there any greater feeling than your tiny baby across your chest?
I don't even mind middle of the night feedings because it means I get to hold him tight, kiss his little cheeks, and take in his newborn scent. 
It's love.
 
He's been a great sleeper, too.
During the day, his favorite place to nap is right in front of the fire.
There is nothing sweeter than watching him sleep next to the glow of the stove.
At night, I've been worried that he's too cold in his bed alone so he's been cosleeping.
But cold or not, I don't think I can ever part with him!
 
Life with Owen feels so complete.
He's the sweetest of babies.
We are so blessed to call him ours!
 

 


 


1 comment:

  1. yay! I've been watching for a post! he is darling! his scrawny little legs in the last pictures! I love newborns! cute family!

    ReplyDelete