Thursday, November 14, 2013

One Month

How is it even possible that Owen is a month old already?
He had his one month check up today.
I was shocked that he weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces already! 
He sure gained a lot since his last weigh in!!
I totally forgot to ask about his other stats because I was completely preoccupied keeping the girls out of trouble. 
Third kid problems, I tell ya!
Also, the doctor couldn't believe that he's smiling at 4 weeks!
But, yes, he sure is! 
It is just about the cutest thing, my heart just MELTS!
We've also decided to put him on some zantac.
With his sisters histories of silent reflux, the signs were all pointing that he is victim to it as well.
To say I am disappointed is an understatement! 
The reflux with the girls has been terribly difficult and they are terrible eaters as a result.
I thought maybe this time I'd get a child who likes to eat. 
Who knows, maybe he still will- fingers crossed!
 
Owen is just the sweetest baby!
He just has the best temperament.
Other than the reflux, he's been a pretty easy baby as well.
He sleeps most of the day- and most of the night, waking to eat usually twice.
His daytime awake periods are starting to get longer though.
He's still sleeping with me at night which I'm afraid is going to probably make for another terrible sleeper down the road- but, hey, we already got two of those, what's a third!?
 
The girls love to help me give him a bath.
He seems to really like the water- just not the cold.
Being born during the cold weather season kinda stinks!
When the weather isn't too frigid, I bundle him up and but him in the wrap to take the girls outside.
As soon as he gets in that thing he is zonked out!
 
One last thing, he totally looks like Jane did as a baby. 
I don't know if he'll get the eyes, but I'm pretty sure he's going to look a lot more like her than Molly.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment