Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Around here...

My absence around here frustrates me.  There's things I want to post but literally just have had little free time, and when I do have time, this computer frustrates me!  I swear there is something not right about this new computer.  I know I'm slow at learning it's new operating system, but I'm constantly running the virus protection, or downloading new virus protection, and repeatedly trying to upload pictures with no success.  I swear, I will never let Brian order another computer from Amazon!

Besides this computer, Molly's sleep, or lack there of, is just eating up my time.  Since we've moved her into her bed, sleeping has not come easy to her.  I end up sitting next to her bed for nearly an hour, sometimes MORE!  If I leave, she gets out of bed.  But I have a new plan to try out tonight.  Fingers crossed this gets better!  My only other thought is giving up nap- but I am NOT ready for that!!  And frankly, I don't really think she is either.

Brian's been back to work for a week now.  The girls and I quickly got back into our routine and it feels good.  The girls head to preschool in a week.  I've been having fun doing some fall and winter shopping for Jane.  I've recently discovered instagram shops and am totally hooked.  Shopping online is so much easier than going to the mall with the kids.  Poor Molly.  Other than some shoes, she is the little hand-me-down girl.  But buying things for her feels like a total waste of money, at least while she's so little. 

Our mornings have been mostly spent with friends.  Everyone seems to be in a lull between their summer vacationing and school starting so it's been great seeing everyone.  I love how easy it is to spend two hours at the park now.  Jane is awesome at meeting new friends, too.  And this morning, a stranger told me Jane had the most wonderful manners, which made me one proud mama. 

Jane's going to try out ballet this year.  She's all signed up to start next week.  She has the leotard, stockings, and slippers ready to go.  She's so dainty, I feel like this could be a good thing for her.

Labor Day came and went mostly uneventful.  I love creating little traditions for holidays.  Last year I think Jane and I had a campout in the backyard.  This weekend was really warm and very humid, so we decided that daddy and Jane would have one next weekend instead.  We did roast marshmallows though! 

I had some photos that I wanted to post but wouldn't upload, so I'll leave you with these from the previous weekend at my dad's house. 







And HERE are the pictures of our beautiful new laundry and powder rooms.  All meticulously constructed by Brian- including the cubbies and bench!




1 comment:

  1. laundry room looks sooo great! he did a great job! and you look fabulous! at 8 months pregnant I was a house, and your still sporting the cute tank top and skirt!!

    ReplyDelete