Saturday, August 24, 2013

And that's a wrap

Ok, so summer isn't technically over, but in the Rush household, it's come to a bittersweet end.  Brian heads back to work on Monday, and though the girls still have two weeks until their preschool begins, the school buses that will be present on our street Monday morning scream, "SUMMER IS OVER!"

Half of me wants to cling on to whatever we can of summer.  But the cool nights, the browning leaves, and the Halloween merchandise quickly taking over the back to school section of the stores is settling in pretty okay with me.

The arrival of fall is starting to get me into a panic mode as I think that I only have 7 more weeks until we welcome our new little baby into this family.  7 weeks.  Yikes!  I knew once summer ended things were going to change into baby mode, but now that it's here I don't know where I even want to begin!  Molly has officially moved into the shared room with Jane, but all her belongings still reside in the nursery.  I had intended to just wait until the end of summer and just move the summer clothing to the basement, put her fall clothes into the new shared room, and then get the babies clothes set up in the nursery.  But the nursery is quickly finding itself with mountainous piles of boy clothing, blankets and other goodies that have so graciously been donated to us.  And I have no idea how long I'm going to continue needing summer clothing for Molly.  As of now, fall clothing still feels like weeks away.   I also know I have a long, mental, list of things to do which not only includes your typical deep clean nesting routine, but things like making sure I have the girls Halloween costumes and all accessories together as well as trying to make sure that Jane has enough clothing to fit her this fall.  It all seems so overwhelming, but mentally I'm ready to jump in and get started.  (Hopefully my energy will try and keep up!)

Today was an absolute BEAUTIFUL day.  Perfect weather, barely reaching 80 degrees, crystal clear skies.  We took Grandma and cousins with us to spend the day at Belzville.  We couldn't have asked for a better day.  The girls all had a great time swimming in the lake and playing in the sand.  We soaked in the sun and then bid summer farewell. 













No comments:

Post a Comment