Saturday, September 28, 2013

Changing











There's so much change happening.

And I'm not just talking about our little family that will soon go from four to five.

The girls are just so rapidly growing and blossoming into their own beautiful selves.

Jane's been picking up what I want to call "teenage sarcasm" or so it seems to me!  She says things like, "Ugh!  You're killing me."  And she's also suddenly very aware of my use of calling people "jerks" in the Walmart parking lot.  If we use a word she doesn't know, she asks us what it means and isn't satisfied with our answer until she fully understands.  She loves pretending and taking on a new identity.  Her dolls are taking on new roles as well.  Cinderella is a wife and Prince Eric a husband.  And they have babies!  And so does she!  At my doctor's office she walks around with a doll baby up her shirt, telling everyone she's having a baby! 

Molly's favorite things to say are "Why?" and "What's that for?"  Very inquisitive, that little one.  She walks around the house all day in plastic princess heeled shoes.  She goes down stairs without holding on anymore, which is about to give me a heart attack.  She knows most of her colors.  She looks up to Jane so much, copying what she does and says.  And the best, she tells us "I wuv you."

Jane is very aware that we are about to have a baby.  She's excited and wants to be a helper.  I'm not too sure how long the enthusiasm will last after the baby is here.  She's just not all that into babies!  Molly, I think, is confused.  She knows her brother's name and knows all about what belongs to him around the house, but when her cousin Jack comes to visit, sometimes she calls him her brother's name!  I am certain that Molly is going to have the hardest time adjusting to the change around here, which makes me sad, because she is still a baby herself really.  Change is hard for everyone, especially when you are two and impulsive and want what you want when you want it! 

1 comment:

  1. oh! I am getting so excited for you! I get so jealous when I hear someone is in labor! I hope these next two weeks are easy on you. I can't wait to see pictures of this sweet baby boy! (p.s. I better be on the list of people you text when you finally go into labor :)

    ReplyDelete