Wednesday, January 25, 2012

lil sicko

There's not much worse than when your kids get sick, is there?  Poor Jane woke up yesterday morning just cranky and not feeling well at all! 

After asking her 20 questions and not getting any answers, I called the doctor and made an appointment.  Minutes later she was fine and seemed back to her normal self.  So I canceled the appointment.  After nap the crying escalated and I made another appointment. 

No lie, we're at that doctor's office every week.  Yup, I'm that mom.  And like many of our visits, they didn't see anything wrong. 

Mommy intuition said there was.  But what was I to do?

Mid-morning today, I noticed her eardrum had ruptured!  Of course there is no doctor in the office today.  A million questions rush through my head.  How could they have missed this?  She looked in both ears at 7pm last night and said they were good.  Could it have happened all of a sudden?  But that would not explain the crying and screaming yesterday.  I've actually had her to the doctor 2 other times since Christmas suspecting an ear infection but both times told she didn't.  Has she had one all along?  Maybe it's time to find a new doctor?  Needless to say, I am anxious to get some answers tomorrow.

The good thing about a ruptured eardrum is that the pain goes away.  Jane had a mostly pleasant day.  We spent a lot of it doing this...



They love Sesame Street you tube videos!  Oddly enough, Jane doesn't like to watch it on TV.  When we weren't doing this, we were either coloring, doing puzzles, or watching Calliou.  It was a "taking it easy" kind of day!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your sweet girl gets to feeling better soon! We have had our fair share of ear infections.

    And just to get it out there, I get VERY frustrated with doctors most of the time!

    ReplyDelete