Friday, March 15, 2013

The little blob that is sucking all life outta me


How is it possible that something so teeny can be so energy zapping? 

Last night I had my ultrasound, and I was able to see that little heart flicker on the monitor and see this little babe wiggling around so I figured it was about time to make this official.  Almost 10 weeks old.  Such a little miracle.

We could not be more excited for October to roll around so we can meet this last little Rush of ours.  We always knew we wanted to have three children.  Ultimately, we know it's all in God's hands, but we put a lot of thought into our family planning.  We've been blessed with the ability to get pregnant right away, and each child was/will be born when we thought would be best for the family.  But it still feels like so much pressure.  Are we taking on more than we can handle?  We certainly already have our hands full.  And although I would love to have 10 babies, selfishly, I could never do that to my girls.  I look at people like the Duggers, who are really remarkable, but think, how can she possibly have enough time to love all those children?  I know, of course, she does love them.  But how physically?  How does she have time?  Maybe my babies just are more demanding of my time, but I'm pretty sure once we add this third little one to our family, I'm going to be spread pretty thin finding the quality time to give them the attention they deserve.  And so, 3 is the number just right for us.

Babies are so amazing and such a blessing.  I can't wait to hold this little baby, and have him snuggle against my chest.  I can't wait for first smiles, laughs, and coos.  I'm beyond excited for this little one to reveal it's personality.  I can't wait to see how the girls bond with this baby and how, hopefully, they grow into best of friends.

 I kinda feel bad calling this baby a blob...but that ultrasound picture is so lousy, that's all it looks like!

Hopefully, now that I seem to have some life in me, I'll get around to posting more.  I also have had some computer issues.  Tax return = new laptop.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I was always sick until about week 17. I hope you one of those lucky ones that don't get too sick. Sending good energy vibes your way! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I hope I'm not feeling lousy that long! You poor thing! I think 12/13 weeks was my lucky number in the past. Fingers crossed life resumes again around here in 2 weeks!

      Delete