Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Day in the Life

Yesterday I thought I'd try and capture our day.  Everyday is different.  This is just a Tuesday.


6am
Rise and shine.  Not by my choice.  



Bed to couch.  Dora was on.  Not one of my favorite shows, but the girls seem to like it lately.  Until 7:30 they kinda ran around playing with toys, coming back to see the tv here and there and ate their breakfast.  Meals are not fancy.  In fact, they are hardly existent for the girls.  I've wrote about Jane's past feeding issues before.  I wouldn't say she has issues anymore, though she is extremely picky and eats like a bird.  I feel completely defeated when it comes to her and food.  Her breakfast everyday is a package of Special K breakfast bars.  Molly is almost equally as picky.  Her breakfast was milk and a banana.  I try to offer Molly only healthy choices.  It's hard when she has a sister who can eat whatever she wants because it's the only thing she will eat.  


7:30am


TV went off and the girls played, read books, jumped on my bed, and we all got ready for our day.  Our playdate for the morning was cancelled due to the other kiddos being sick so we needed to improvise.  Our church has a big indoor playground free to the community.  It was rainy and cold.  Indoor playground seemed like a good idea to me.  Jane wasn't so interested in going anywhere, but we've spent too many mornings at home lately.  However she did want a donut.  Hmmm, I think we can manage that.


9:05am
Out the door.

Ok so I don't literally give Jane whatever she wants whenever she wants it, BUT Dunkin' Donuts was the perfect solution because I had been craving a bagel with cream cheese for days and it got Jane out the door.  Molly gets her fix of junk for the day.  (Bad mom!)  



The girls have a lot of fun playing.  And I got a workout climbing to the top of the playland with Molly.




11:15
Nap/Lunch

 As I got Molly ready for a nap, Jane was being so cute making ice cream.  I bought this OLD McDonalds toy that serves pretend drinks, milkshakes, and ice cream over the weekend at a Mommy Market.  I knew it would be a hit around here.


Molly went down for a nap, Jane ate cheese for lunch, and we watched some tv.  I set up a mini project for Jane to do.


I think Umizoomi was more interesting.  (Time to get some new project supplies.)


1:30pm
Molly woke up from her nap and we needed to go get milk.  A 30 second car ride takes us to a little market where we get glass bottled milk.  Unfortunately it's on a busy road so we can't walk there.  But they have produce, baked goods, and their own free range chicken.  

 
The sun was shining and it had turned into a fairly decent day, minus the wind!  As soon as we got home we played outside.


It snowed Monday but the daffodils are coming up!
First we hit up the swing set.


Apparently the snow on the swing is pretty tasty.


Then we were off in search of some puddles.


We found the queen of all puddles and the girls loved it!




Before we went in to change out wet pants, we checked out the stream.  I spent most of the time trying to keep Molly from going in it.  Jane loves to throw sticks in after we've had a lot of rain.




The neighborhood cat really likes us.


3:30pm
Daddy came home from work.  I went to go get my haircut.  (Looooong overdue!)  Brian took the girls to Walmart to get a few things but then at the checkout realized he'd forgotten his money.  We both got home just before 5 and we made dinner, ate, gave the girls a bath, and everyone went to bed at 7. 


And that's a day in our life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment