Friday, January 18, 2013

The Awesomeness of Lunch Bunch

It's been a year since I've relished in the solitude of naptime.  I'm jealous of friends who do chores alone, craft, workout, read, watch tv during during those glorious hours.  I love my girls to bits, but sometimes, I just need some alone time!

Well, I'm getting my fix today.  Jane's school offers this great little bonus to their day called Lunch Bunch.  For a few extra dollars, Jane gets to have lunch and some activity, and once I get Molly down for her little nap, I get my alone time.  So once a month I pay the extra money and send her off until 2.  It's been fabulous.

Today I took Molly to Trader Joes which is a treat for us because it isn't around the corner.  Of course on my way I realized I had forgotten my shopping list and as it turns out, my memory is pretty lousy.  I think that happens when you haven't slept through the night in four years.

The rest of my day I am looking forward to tidying up without anyone to follow behind me taking out whatever I just put away and then catching up on some of these shows on my dvr.  The funny thing is, I do miss my little Janie Poo despite the hair pulling morning we had (refusing to get dressed, then insisting on doing it herself, but wait, she couldn't get her nightgown off, mommy you help, no, I can do it, no I can't...cry cry cry, Mommy want to go crazy....).  I look forward to 2 oclock when she climbs into our car rambling about the day she had.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy.

Here's a few photos from the past week to enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment