Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another year gone, another year ahead

Why is it that as you get older, the years go faster?  As a kid, becoming an adult could not come fast enough.  Now that I'm a mom, I want nothing more than for time to slow doooowwnnnn!

My husband and I have a tradition on New Years Eve.  What's that?  Oh that would be going to bed before midnight.  And this year was no different.  We wouldn't want to break tradition!  We had a crazy morning taking the girls to the aquarium. 






They both went to bed at 6pm.  Brian and I played some rummy, watched a little tv, then headed to bed by 10.  We're wild and crazy, I know!

Reflecting back at this year, I can honestly say I've been eating healthier and have definitely gotten better in the kitchen.  No more of those packaged noodle side dishes ;)  So for that I am proud!  On the other hand, I haven't been as productive as I'd like.  For that I blame tiredness and the purchase of my iphone.  The tiredness I'm not sure I can do much about.  Molly's been a terrible sleeper lately, waking up usually before 12am to join me in bed where hogs up most of my space. And on top of that she's been waking up again around 2am whining and sitting up, crying, trying to get off the bed....and this goes on for up to 2 hours!  I know, what am I doing letting her do this??!!   She's been very slow at getting teeth.  As each tooth comes in, we go through this whole ordeal every night until that little bugger breaks through all the way.  And I am not good at letting her suffer alone.  Soooo, back to being tired.  I do try and get to bed by 9:30 and the girls are usually up at 6 for the day.  Most days, I feel like a walking zombie.  Not good for productivity.  Now as for that phone....one of my goals for this new year is to use it leisurely when I'm either waiting to pick up/drop off Jane at school or in the evening after then go to bed.  My other goal for the year is to read the bible cover to cover.  This is something I've been wanting to do for so long.  This is the year I'm going to turn the tv off early and read.

Here's to another fast paced, crazy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment