Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer

So a lot of time has passed.  Over four months to be exact.  But I want to write.  I feel like keeping up with a blog not only gets my thoughts out there, but also helps keep me motivated.  If I say I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it because I wrote that I was.  (I know that is whack, but my brain works that way!) 

Summer is awesome because Brian is off from work.  We've been going on trips, getting things done around the house, and just having good old summer fun.

Lately, I've been enjoying our after dinner activities outside.  Jane goes to bed super early.  I'm talking 6:30 at the latest.  So this week I've been getting dinner served by about 4pm so that we aren't rushed to bathe and get to bed.  We've been enjoying bike rides, swims, and walks.  I think after dinner swims are my favorite.  They remind me of my own childhood, swimming after dinner at my grandparent's house.

Thanks to Pinterst, I've been planning some yummy dinners.  That include veggies.  That's huge, people!  Brian and I aren't veggie lovers.  A salad or some corn on the cob is usually it.  But lately we've been really enjoying roasted carrots and zucchini (how in the heck have we never had these??).  We love them.  We also have discovered how much we like zucchini "fries", baked zucchini with breadcrumbs. 

Molly has hand, foot, mouth, so she's been pretty miserable.  Today she seemed to finally have some relief.  Poor baby.  It's so hard to just sit there and watch them suffer.  She was taking ibuprofen around the clock.  Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be helping all that much.

Jane's been wanting to play princess dolls every waking moment.  And not by herself.  "Mommy I need you!", that is to be the prince or whatever other doll she wants to enter her play.  I'm happy she has found something she really enjoys playing.  I just need to figure out a way to encourage her to play by herself a little!

I have a lot more to share, but for now, I'll leave you with some photos of my favorite summer moments.

Camping trip in the rain



Molly turned 1!


and Jane turned 3!

We went to Gettysburg for a few days.  This is at the children's museum.

We had a 4th of July party.

We went to the Finger Lakes and stayed in a yurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment