Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Favorites

August is knocking on the door, and I'm not ready to answer.  August always goes too fast.  Before you know it, summer's over.  I do love the fall, but summers with Brian home are just better.  But my steam is starting to run out, and it's time for a summer pick-me-up.  Time to revisit what makes summer so awesome and update my "summer want to do list".

My favorite parts of the summer have been:
  • playing outside early in the morning (this is probably on my neighbors "worst things about summer" list)
  • after dinner swims
  • farmer's markets
  • cooking with the fresh vegetables we get at the farmer's market
  • iced coffee
  • Jane watching very, very little t.v.
  • having a chance to read my own books
  • vacations!
We still have one more little trip to the beach planned for the summer.  And I'd like to start walking early in the morning with Molly after she wakes up, which is usually around 5:30 so I may need to wait until the sun is up!

On a completely different note,are you enjoying the Olympics?  Never did I imagine that Jane would be so into it!  I enjoy the summer Olympics so much more than the winter.  Jane and Molly were watching the gymnastics today together.  It was absolutely adorable!

early morning 


playdate anyone?  7am too early?

No comments:

Post a Comment