Sunday, November 2, 2014

November

November has come like a breath of fresh air.
 
Maybe it's my old age,
but the things I used to detest about November
no longer seem so bad.
I am welcoming the chilly air,
as it is an excuse for us to stay cozy indoors.
And the darkness that settles in now at 5 in the evening
begs for the glow of candles and the warmth of dim lights
as we read and play and watch our reflections in the black windows.
 
 
 
November looks like expressing our gratitude,
as each evening before dinner we share what we are thankful for.
I love little voices sharing their thankfulness for
"Owen and mommy and daddy and Jane and mommy".
 
November looks like raking and burning leaves.
Happy little girls jumping in leaf piles
and the smell of fire.
 
November looks like some baking,
maybe getting crafty and completing some of those Pinterest projects,
bundling up for a hike or two,
and a lot of evenings that look a lot like this...
 





















 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! Your right, November is super cozy. I'm ready too!

    (Also I still can't believe Owen is one!!)

    ReplyDelete